Regarding the handling of personal information and the use of data.
■Use of data
Opting out of third party cookies (Alphabetical order)
See the links below for information on how third party cookies are used on our Website and how to opt out from them. In each case, see section (1) for privacy policies and section (2) for instructions on opting out.
Purpose: Ad Delivery
*See "How Ads Work on Facebook" > "How does Facebook decide which ads to show me and how can I control which ads I see?"
Purpose: Ad Delivery
Settings for Google ads
*To opt out of DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers) or DFA (DoubleClick for Advertisers) configure
"Opt out of interest-based Google ads across the web"
Purpose: Traffic Analysis
■Handling of personal information
<Personal Information We Collect>
- Nikkei collects personal information on the event application form such as name, email address, age range, country of residence, company/institution, business category, type of occupation, job title.
- When you access this website, we may collect information such as usage of this website, access environment and engagement with advertisements. This information will be collected by using cookies (and similar technologies) mainly to improve the performance of this website and to make advertising more relevant as described above.
<How We Use Your Personal Information>
Nikkei will use your personal information for:
- managing, contacting and sending necessary materials related to the event.
- providing information on exhibition, events, seminars, media, campaigns and other services of, hosted by or related to Nikkei and Nikkei group companies (listed on https://www.nikkei.co.jp/nikkeiinfo/en/corporate/group/.The same applies hereinafter).
- conducting research or a survey on topics such as your satisfaction regarding the events of, hosted by or related to Nikkei or Nikkei group companies.
- (only statistically) recording/reporting of the event, further development, enhancement of future events and improvement of our service.
- understanding the effectiveness of the advertising which Nikkei and others serves to you, and to deliver relevant, personalized advertising (unless you opt out).
- serving you with online advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interest (as described above, unless you opt out).
- any other reasons required in relation to the above.
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, use, alteration or loss.
<Transfer of Personal Information>
As the internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve international transmission of such information, including outside of Japan. Therefore, by communicating electronically with Nikkei, you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being processed in this way.
<Who We Provide Your Personal Information to>
- Nikkei will provide your personal information to a third party only when we have a lawful basis for doing so.
- Nikkei will provide personal information to some third parties to facilitate the running of our business or to provide specific services you have requested. Generally, Nikkei will provide personal information to:
- Service providers
Nikkei engages service providers who help us such as event management companies. They can only use your personal information under Nikkei’s instruction.
- Advertising partners (for online advertisements)
Nikkei and its advertising partners serve you with online advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests using cookies (and similar technologies) as described above.
- Social media platforms and other IT platforms
Nikkei shares your personal information with social media platforms and other IT platform partners for preventing existing users from being targeted with subscription offerings on social media platforms or other IT platforms, for creating lookalike audiences for the purposes of targeted advertising on social media platforms or other IT platforms, and for encouraging you to get the most out of their subscription
- Nikkei group
Nikkei will jointly use your personal information with Nikkei group companies as described below.
- Nikkei may also provide your personal information to relevant third parties to:
- comply with applicable laws, court orders or other valid legal processes
- enforce or apply these terms, any contract/agreement or any of our other rights
- protect and defend Nikkei's rights, assets and properties, including to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our services
- protect the safety, asset or property of you or the public
Other than the above, Nikkei will treat personal information you provide in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations including the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the Position of Nikkei Inc. on the Handling of Personal Information.
For enquiries about our handling of your personal information (or personal data), contact us at NAA@nex.nikkei.co.jp.
Nikkei Inc. (Global Events Unit)
Head Office: 1-3-7 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8066, Japan
■Handling of personal data of EEA and U.K. residents
The below shall apply only to the handling of personal data of persons residing in the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (U.K.), in addition to the above.
- We always process personal data on a lawful basis, such as your consent, legitimate business purposes, contractual necessity and legal obligation.
- Personal data may be transferred to countries or jurisdictions outside your residence area. Please note that such countries or jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as your residence area and would not afford many of the rights conferred upon you in your residence area.
- We will put in place reasonable safeguards to protect information that is transferred in this way.
- You have the right to access your personal data, request to delete your personal data, request to limit and/or object to the processing of your personal data, and request data portability with regards to your personal data. When Nikkei receives a request based on the rights specified above, Nikkei shall respond to such requests without undue delay.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before withdrawal of the consent. You can contact us (NAA@nex.nikkei.co.jp) to exercise the above rights.
- You can lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority if you have a complaint regarding Nikkei’s processing of your personal data.
- Nikkei will retain personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined herein, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
■Handling of personal information of California residents
The below applies only to the handling of personal information of persons residing in California, in addition to the above main part.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may provide you with additional rights regarding the use of your personal information. These rights include:
- The right to access the personal information we process about you;
- The right to know what personal information is collected about you and if any information is sold or disclosed, and if so, to whom;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information, if applicable;
- The right to opt-out from the sale of your personal information, if applicable; and
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights above.
- You can contact us (NAA@nex.nikkei.co.jp) and exercise any applicable rights. When you contact us and exercise such rights, you may be required to submit proof of your identity and/or address, if we are unable to confirm your identity or cannot verify that you are a California resident. When Nikkei receives a request based on the rights specified above, we shall respond to such requests without undue delay. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, subject to proof of identity and authorization.
- Cookies are used in this website as described above. If you exercise the right to opt-out of the cookies (“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”), you can do so by configuring cookie preferences as described above.